I researched on items for the dessert table, goodie bags, deco items. Purchased some of the items via Taobao to cut down the cost, including 2 cupcake tiers. Amazed at the service by various sellers on TB. Even the packaging is thumbs up. Got some balloons and ribbons for DIY too.
To save some $$$, there are many things which I've learnt in the process. I've learnt:
1) how the ribbons for table skirting was done and followed to do something similar for Faith's high chair
2) how a balloon column is done. Didn't want to spend too much on party deco and went online watch some videos and found out how to do it. Thought I did quite well with my mini balloon column. :P
Other DIY items include:
1) Photos & Flickering flames - How can the party be short of some photos? Found these classy frames from Daiso and also some fake flickering candles for a warm touch.
2) The Papa captured so many videos and thought I'll do up a short clip with her many videos and photos. It was a good move. Threaded her growing up moments into a short clip; time spent with family and loved ones. Was quite a last minute thing but managed to complete it in less than 2 weeks.
3) Bought some flowers on the actual day to add a natural touch to the party too.
A 3D cake was specially requested by the Papa. Did some changes to original cake design to match colour theme of the party. (See other post) The cake from Ecreative was soft and yummy. Love the blueberry jam centre; unlike some 3D cakes which could be hard. Thanks to Auntie A for the great recommendation.
The party would not have been a success without these special people. We would like to say thanks to:
1) Uncle J and Uncle A for the kind sponsorship of the backdrop and macarons.
2) Jiejie C for the precious moments captured on film.
3) Uncle G for the great recommendation of a camcorder that captured more video moments, which the Papa got that very week.
4) Family and friends who helped in the setup and tear down, who came amidst busy schedules to grace the special occasion. For all the wonderful gifts and prayers of blessings.
We hope you had fun. Faith definitely did! There's lots of photos and videos to share the story. ;P